The Product Owner assists the Director of Product Management in conveying a clear product vision to the scrum teams with an emphasis on effective communication and collaboration. The Product Owner is primarily responsible for managing a well maintained, groomed and effective product backlog through the creation of user stories that support the product and organizational objectives. The Product Owner gets detailed requirements and feedback from key stakeholders. This role is the liaison between the Scrum teams and the key stakeholders. The Product Owner has a strong business acumen & clinical understanding to ensure the business need is achieved through development efforts. The Product Owner is part of the Clinical Solutions team and reports to the Director of Product Management, and as directed, the role will be focused on, but not exclusively limited to, the activities outlined below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining a well-groomed product backlog that will support multiple scrum teams.
- Translates the Director of Product Management’s roadmap initiatives into clearly defined feature sets.
- Writes user stories with clearly defined acceptance criteria.
- Documents workflows and wireframes that will be used to support UI/UX design and development.
- Assists Scrum Master in scrum meetings and reviews.
- Advises Technical writer(s) of new product specifications and ensures that documentation is clinically accurate and reflected in product enhancements.
- Assists with the launch planning process to develop respective documentation and/or communication.
- Promotes continuous improvement of the scrum teams.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in an Agile Software Development environment.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Product Owner.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in healthcare IT.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Agile or Scrum certified preferred, but not required.
- Experienced in assisting Scrum Master with scrum meetings and sprint reviews.
- Familiar with both backend and frontend development.
- Proactive work ethic, desire to challenge the status quo, and strong focus on the voice of the customer.
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced IT environment with medium to large scale projects.
- Possesses an innovative spirit, is high energy, with ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organization, documentation, change management and project management skills.
- Ability to work well with teams and the ability to influence peers, scrum teams and management.
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Works in a safety-conscious manner ensuring that safe work practices are utilized.
- Complies with company policies and procedures
- Possesses basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Maintains confidential information including proprietary information.
This job operates in an environment that handles Personal Health Information, Electronic Protected Health Information along with other Personal Identifiable Information and requires strict security and privacy awareness with regards to handling such information.
What We Can Offer You
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office based position.
- Work hours: 8am – 5pm CT.
- Open seating office environment.
- Non-smoking office environment.
- 3 weeks of PTO per year.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
About Vivify Health
Vivify Health specializes in patient engagement and mobility to provide a scalable Remote Care Platform that enable healthcare to be virtualized . . . anytime and anywhere. More often than not, that “anywhere is the home, which is where Vivify’s customers have been virtualizing care with mobile devices since early 2010. Today, Vivify Health’s customers represent organizations with responsibilities for hundreds of acute care and home care sites nationwide.
The solution is a pure software platform and is agnostic to the network, consumer electronics and personal health devices. Off-the-shelf consumer electronics, such as tablets and smart phones, provide the most effective user experience combined with the lowest possible cost.
Vivify’s cloud-based platform – applicable for Providers, ACOs, Payers, and Pharmaceutical organizations – delivers the next generation of direct-to-consumer care. Features include customized care plans for any clinical condition, aggregation of in-home health status and vital signs data for automatic transmission to caregivers, coaching, education video content, teach-back confirmations, and interactive HD video conferencing to optimally engage patients with caregivers, providers, and family members.