The Manager of Clinical Content’s primary role is to produce high-quality digital content that contributes to the overall success of our products. This role is responsible for designing, developing, and creating the digital content in the Vivify software platform. They need excellent communication and organizational skills to gather information from external and internal stakeholders to present the information clearly to the end user. They must have a knowledge of documentation in both soft and hard formats related to design, layout, readability requirements, and graphics. The Manager of Clinical Content will work collaboratively with product, development, quality, clinical, and user experience teams to make our content easy to use. This role reports to the Chief Clinical Officer, and as directed, the role will be focused on, but not exclusively limited to, the activities outlined below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Own and maintain the Vivify Pathways default digital content.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders for designing, developing, and procuring content based on business opportunities.
- Manage assigned project to completion and meet goals, timeline, and budget.
- Lead and handle regular content project meetings with product and development teams.
- Coordinate content update and changes within overall product management process.
- Help clients develop, implement, and continually evolve content strategies, including measuring metrics and identifying areas of improvement and opportunity.
- Work closely with the product, development and UX design teams to build cohesive content plans and structures, including taxonomies, tagging strategies, advanced and automatic content workflows.
- Ability to travel on-site to meet the expectation of the position and serve our customer needs.
- Must be able to travel 30-50% of the time.
- Take on other responsibilities as our team/clients’ needs evolve.
- Work closely with the Product, Development and UX Design teams to build cohesive content plans and structures, including taxonomies, tagging strategies, advanced and automatic content workflows, and processes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Maintains license as a Registered nurse in good standing with the Board of Nursing
- Preferred board certified in Nursing Informatics
- Preferred experience with the healthcare software
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable communicating in a professional tone to groups of people in person and over the phone.
- Strong ability to communicate complex content, processes, and best practices to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent skills for building client and internal team relationships.
- Exceptional organization skills and a strong on-time delivery mindset.
- Familiarity with technology, software, and content management systems (CMS).
- Possesses basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
What We Can Offer You
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office based position.
- Work hours: 8am – 5pm CT.
- Open seating office environment.
- Non-smoking office environment.
- Twenty-one days of PTO per year.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.