We are at the cusp of an exciting time in our industry. In fact, a recent report from Spyglass Consulting Group shows that 88% of providers surveyed have invested or are evaluating investments in RPM technologies. The timing could not be more perfect for Vivify as a greater extent of patient care is moving away from a clinical setting and taking place at home.
Probably our biggest news of the year was our acquisition by Optum. We could not be more thrilled than to have Optum as a partner as it will fuel our mission of being the premier digital health platform with unique RPM capabilities.
Optum has an incredible depth of resources that, when combined with Vivify Health, will empower broadly scaled care from a distance to enable population health. The company is on the cutting edge of new technologies such as machine learning and artificial intelligence. We are now on a path to leverage this technology for our customers so they can deliver better patient care and outcomes, improve cost savings and handle high-risk populations more efficiently.
In addition to our acquisition, Vivify has worked on a number of successful projects with notable health organizations, including:
- Ascension Health’s Good Health Solution Center, which dramatically reduced readmission rates to only 2% for patients with chronic conditions using Vivify’s RPM platform
- UPMC’s Magee Women’s Hospital, which utilized Vivify’s RPM platform with new mothers at risk for hypertension, leading to 90% making and keeping follow-up appointments at 4-6 weeks postpartum
- University Health Network in Toronto, who is the first hospital in Canada to offer the Vivify Pathways Go bring your own device (BYOD) remote peri-operative care solution
In 2019, Vivify also received a number of accolades:
- Winner of the 29th Annual SMU Cox Dallas 100™ Awards
- Named the “Best Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) Solution” in the prestigious 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards program
As we look forward to 2020, we see a critical consolidation of telehealth and RPM solutions leading customers to focus on a platform strategy rather than point solutions. Platforms, such as Vivify, will enable healthcare organizations to deploy digital health at scale under their own brand with solutions that will help them build out their own applications and content while delivering value-based care.
Vivify is poised to lead the market in 2020 with new innovations and intelligent solutions. We expect more growth. Last year we doubled our employees and predict we will do so again this year. We are also increasing our real estate footprint so we can scale both consumer engagement and high-risk monitoring into the millions of members and patients among our customer base.
To our employees and partners, we look forward to a great 2020 with you. On behalf of the entire leadership team, thank you for your work every day. It is helping make the jobs of healthcare providers easier, it is improving the lives of patients and it is redefining healthcare delivery.